You do know by now that all of my posts this time of year revolve around fiction writing, novels, writers I adore, and the mother-ship – NaNoWriMo – right? Well, if you didn’t by now, let this serve as your warning.
This year I’m trying something a little bit different and keeping my NaNo tweets to my blog twitter (@theluckiestnet) – this way I’ll save my normal twitter followers (@atlimbo) from the onslaught. Thoughts? Suggestions? I’ve never split tweets before (that sounds very strange), so I’d love advice!
And now, inspired by the countdown – we start on Tuesday! – and this post over at Julie Writes, I’m using this week’s Friday I’m in Love to tell you ten reasons I’m in love with National Novel Writing Month!
- You have full permission to live off of Twizzlers/pizza/coffee/the caffeine of your choice for 30 days.
- The forums are full of also-insane, possibly-multiple-personality-disorder having creatives, just like you!
- No plot? No problem!
- Junk food & microwave burritos become a main food group.
- Write ins, parties, and 24-hour marathons are great places to meet new friends.
- The Office of Letters & Light goes out and gets awesome authors to write us email pep talks throughout the month!
- It’s the only novel writing experience I’ve ever had that comes with cheerleaders.
- Anything goes, but you’d better include pirates, ninjas, dragons, and Starbucks.
- Inside jokes become their own language, no matter how many months or how many miles separate you from your fellow NaNo-ers.
- There is nothing like crossing that finish line.